The Jury is composed of fourteen (14) members, as follows:
- Dr. Elizabeth H. Blackburn, is the Morris Herzstein Professor Emerita in the Department of Biochemistry and Biophysics at the University of California, San Francisco and President Emerita of the Salk Institute for Biological Studies in La Jolla, California. Nobel Prize in Physiology or Medicine in 2009, President of the jury
- Prof. Pascale Cossart, member of the French Academy of Sciences, Head of Bacteria-Cell Interactions Research Unit, Institut Pasteur, Paris, France, Vice-President of the Jury
- Dr. Yasmine Belkaïd, Senior investigator in Mucosal Immunology Section – NIAID/DIR National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases, Director of the NIAID microbiome program and the co-director of the NIH Center for Human Immunology, USA
- Prof. Catherine Dulac, Higgins Professor of Molecular and Cellular Biology, Howard Hughes Medical Institute, Department of Molecular and Cellular Biology, Harvard University
- Prof. Alain Fischer, Director of the Pediatric Immunology Unit (Inserm), Hôpital Necker-Enfants malades, Professor at the Paris Descartes University, Paris, France
- Prof. Jörg H. Hacker, President of the German Academy of Sciences Leopoldina National Academy of Sciences, Halle, Germany
- Prof. Jules A. Hoffmann, Distinguished Class Research Director at CNRS (Emeritus), Professor at Strasbourg University, France, Nobel Prize in Physiology or Medicine in 2011
- Prof. Antonio Lanzavecchia, Professor of the Institute for Research in Biomedicine, Università della Svizzera Italiana,Bellinzona
- Dr. Gary J. Nabel, Senior Vice President, Chief Scientific Officer and Deputy to the President of Global R&D Sanofi, Cambridge, USA
- Prof. Staffan Normark, Professor of Medical Microbiology, Karolinska Institutet, Stockholm, Sweden, Member of the Royal Swedish Academy of Sciences
- Prof. Michel C. Nussenzweig, Zanvil A. Cohn and Ralph M. Steinman Professor - Howard Hughes Institute Investigator, The Rockefeller University
- Prof. Anne O'Garra, Head, Laboratory of Immunoregulation and Infection, Associate Research Director, The Francis Crick Institute, London, England
- Prof. Jeffrey V. Ravetch, Professor and Head of the Leonard Wagner Laboratory of Molecular Genetics and Immunology at the Rockefeller University, New York, USA
- Prof. Philippe Sansonetti, member of the French Academy of Sciences, Professor at the Collège de France, Head of the Molecular Microbial Pathogenesis Unit, Institut Pasteur, Paris, France
The Jury members are not paid; their participation is voluntary.
The Jury will meet on 12th September 2018 at Institut Pasteur to evaluate the applications. The Jury is sovereign in its decision; no one can dispute it and it does not need to be justified. All the discussions during the Jury’s meeting must remain confidential.
The Jury has the right to award fewer than two (2) Awards if it deems that there are insufficient suitable applications. In this case, the amount of the Awards, such as specified above, remain unchanged.
Jury members are to abstain from voting for a scientist belonging to the same organization as the said jury member.